Sales Ops & Business Development Lead
As Google Cloud's premium partner in AI, we provide world-class businesses with cutting-edge data solutions in the cloud.
We help clients take leading technology to the limits by combining our expertise in machine learning, data engineering, and analytics. With Google Cloud Platform as our foundation, we help businesses future-proof their solutions, deepen their understanding of consumers, increase competitive advantage and unlock operational efficiencies.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, software engineering, mathematics, and design. We share a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
We are currently in the process of building our Growth team. Reporting to the Head of Growth, as the Sales Ops & Business Development Lead your main responsibilities will be a) building a sales pipeline from Datatonic’s marketing activities, b) helping to bring these individual deals to a successful close c) coordinating the sales team to help ensure all opportunities move through the sales funnel as quickly as possible. The role will report into the Head of Growth who oversees overall sales and marketing efforts.
- Generate leads from Datatonic’s marketing activities
- Convert leads into opportunities by identifying where Datatonic’s services can meet the client’s unmet needs
- Qualify marketing-sourced & unqualified partner-sourced opportunities
- Work with the technical team to bring the qualified deals through to a successful close
- Master coordinator of the sales team to help ensure all projects move through the sales funnel as quickly as possible, including:
- Enabling a thorough understanding of each deal in the pipeline
- Leading weekly pipeline review meetings
- Sending out next steps for each project lead
- Following up with project leads on assigned tasks
- Ensuring CRM data quality and completeness
- Deal registration in our partners systems
- 2-4 years professional experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. consulting, high growth company), ideally within Business Development
- Proven pedigree in helping a business deliver significant growth
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Highly organised, with demonstrable time management and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines / priorities in parallel
- Initiative taker, positive can-do attitude
- Exceptional people skills, builds rapport easily
- A fast learner with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enjoys a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
What would really set you apart:
- Start-up experience would be hugely beneficial
- A real passion for technology, ‘infectious’ in your enthusiasm for ML, AI, Big Data and Analytics topics!
- Sector experience in any of the following would be beneficial (but not essential): Retail, Telco, Media, Finance, Energy
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities