Head of Data Science
As Google Cloud's premium partner in AI, we provide world-class businesses with cutting-edge data solutions in the cloud.
We help clients take leading technology to the limits by combining our expertise in machine learning, data engineering, and analytics. With Google Cloud Platform as our foundation, we help businesses future-proof their solutions, deepen their understanding of consumers, increase competitive advantage and unlock operational efficiencies.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, software engineering, mathematics, and design. We share a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
We're currently seeking exceptional professionals to join our London team. This is a great opportunity to join an established and fast-growing startup. You'll be working on the most exciting data projects: product recommender systems, IoT data analysis, segmenting user behaviour profiles with web analytics data, geospatial analysis with billions of data points and many more.
As Head of Data Science for the UK office at Datatonic, you will:
- Work with our established team of data scientists, encouraging professional and personal development, as well as being hands-on with day-to-day project work.
- Take a lead role with key client engagements, from presales through to delivery, helping frame and unlock disruptive value from world-class AI innovation.
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with our customers.
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing and ML technologies.
- Establish data science best practices in the team and support the end-to-end consulting lifecycle: From high-level business case development and opportunity identification to fine-tuning of assumptions and solution valuations pre-and post-delivery.
- Partner with Datatonic's Head of ML (based in Stockholm) on key topics and initiatives.
- Play an active role in helping to maintain an excellent team culture and work with the Head of Talent to help build the team further.
- Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker.
- Work in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a multi-functional team.
- Commitment to continuous professional development - both for self and for team members.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to clearly explain complex analyses to various audiences and levels of seniority (including Directors, Executives and Board level).
- MSc or higher in a quantitative STEM subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics.
- Strong background in Linear Algebra, Statistics and Numerical Mathematics.
- Strong proficiency in Python and the Python data ecosystem including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn.
- Fluency in SQL.
- Excellent knowledge of numerical optimisation techniques and ML algorithms.
- Experience designing, conducting, analysing, and interpreting experiments.
- Up to date knowledge about developments in ML and deep learning.
- Comfortable working with public cloud services (AWS, GCP), and using command shell to set-up and manage cloud computing services.
Bonus Points for:
- Consulting experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge on scaling computations (Spark, GPUs, MPI).
- Strong domain knowledge in either, retail, telecommunications or media.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team off-sites
- Individual Annual Conference Budget with 4-day allowance. Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Free fruit, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Knowledge-sharing activities & exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies