As Google Cloud's premium partner in AI, we provide world-class businesses with cutting-edge data solutions in the cloud.
We help clients take leading technology to the limits by combining our expertise in machine learning, data engineering, and analytics. With Google Cloud Platform as our foundation, we help businesses future-proof their solutions, deepen their understanding of consumers, increase competitive advantage and unlock operational efficiencies.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, software engineering, mathematics, and design. We share a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
Does real-time processing of millions of rows per minute, working with petabytes of data and running large scale machine learning algorithms on thousands of CPUs sound like something you want to do? Do you enjoy a dynamic working environment with different challenges on a regular basis? If so, then we'd love to talk with you!
You will be working on the data engineering and architecture part of our consulting projects, building robust pipelines and wrangling data in a way that it becomes easy to visualise and ready to be fed into our machine learning models. In addition to that, you will be helping us to build out the data engineering side of our next-generation machine learning products.
It's a hands-on role and as well as solving problems yourself, you'll be mentoring and directing other engineers in their work, offering your insights and experience to help each person/team achieve their objectives. The majority of the work happens onsite at our office in Canary Wharf and you'll also interact with peers and team members across the machine learning and analytcis teams.
As Engineering Lead at Datatonic, you will:
- Help to build and lead the engineering team
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing technologies
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with our customers
- Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a small team with our data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience building big data solutions
- Extremely passionate about data and analytics
- Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Flink)
- Strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Python, Java and SQL
- Experience building scalable and high-performant code
- Experience in producing tested, resilient and well documented applications
- The ability to take ownership, end-to-end and finding creative solutions
- Experience in architecting, building, maintaining and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills; a team player and keen learner who loves building great things together
- Strong Cloud experience (specifically related to data) would be a big plus (i.e. GCP / AWS)
- Proven background in a team leadership role would be beneficial, but if you're looking for that next step and have the right characteristics for a lead role, we'd be happy to talk with you!
- Love for the command line with optional affinity for Linux scripting
- Experience building scalable REST APIs using Python or similar technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Cloud experience in security/networking/infrastructure would be 'nice-to-haves', but are not essential
- Basic knowledge of and ideally some experience with data science topics like machine learning, data mining, statistics, and visualisation
- Contributions to open source projects
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities