As Google Cloud's premium partner in AI, we provide world-class businesses with cutting-edge data solutions in the cloud.
We help clients take leading technology to the limits by combining our expertise in machine learning, data engineering, and analytics. With Google Cloud Platform as our foundation, we help businesses future-proof their solutions, deepen their understanding of consumers, increase competitive advantage and unlock operational efficiencies.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, software engineering, mathematics, and design. We share a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
As a Data Engineer you will work with colleagues on the data engineering and architecture part of our consulting projects, building robust pipelines and wrangling data in a way that it becomes easy to visualise and ready to be fed into our machine learning models. In addition to that, you will be helping us to build out the data engineering side of our next-generation machine learning products.
Furthermore, you will:
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing technologies
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with our customers
- Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a small team with our data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
- Strong programming and architectural experience, ideally in Python and/or Java, and SQL
- 2+ years of experience building (big) data solutions
- Extremely passionate about data and analytics
- Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Flink)
- Experience building scalable and high-performant code
- Experience in producing tested, resilient and well documented applications
- The ability to take ownership, end-to-end and finding creative solutions
- Experience in architecting, building, maintaining and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills; a team player and keen learner who loves building great things together
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS) would be beneficial but not essential
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Love for the command line with optional affinity for Linux scripting
- Experience building scalable REST APIs using Python or similar technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Basic knowledge of and ideally some experience with data science topics like machine learning, data mining, statistics, and visualisation
- Contributions to open source projects
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Laptop of your choice
- Team Social Events
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities