Managing Director, Germany
As Google Cloud's premium partner in AI, we provide world-class businesses with cutting-edge data solutions in the cloud.
We help clients take leading technology to the limits by combining our expertise in machine learning, data engineering, and analytics. With Google Cloud Platform as our foundation, we help businesses future-proof their solutions, deepen their understanding of consumers, increase competitive advantage and unlock operational efficiencies.
Our team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, software engineering, mathematics, and design. We share a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
As part of our geographical expansion, we're currently in the process of opening our first German office in Munich and we're looking to build an exceptional team to help service our existing and new customers in Germany!
As MD Germany, you'll play an instrumental role in scaling the business within the region. Drawing from your experience and utilising the resources of colleagues in the UK and Sweden, you'll help to recruit and manage a fully functional delivery team. You'll be responsible for developing relationships with key strategic corporate and enterprise customers in Germany - opening up new consulting/project opportunities for Datatonic, and ultimately enabling these companies to unlock the value of their data by receiving best-in-class expertise in advanced analytics and machine learning on Google Cloud.
- Manage and hold responsibility for quarterly and annual P&L reporting. Create accurate forecasts and regularly communicate business performance to Datatonic executive leadership.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with, and understanding of Google Cloud sales, marketing and professional services teams.
- Responsibility for running the full sales cycles from prospecting to signing contracts, leveraging direct and indirect sales channels to consistently deliver against revenue targets.
- Leverage trainings, events and other marketing resources to build and maintain awareness of Datatonic amongst customers and stakeholders.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google Cloud partner ecosystem and competitive landscape to effectively articulate Datatonic differentiators.
- Help frame and unlock disruptive value from world-class cloud engineering and AI innovation. Develop joint strategic / innovation initiatives with customers, creating win-win scenarios.
- Identify and attract top talent to build a team consistent with Datatonic standards of excellence.
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground with a willingness to hustle and make things happen!
- Multiple years of experience in a senior business development or consulting role, within a technical domain (i.e. data / cloud / software-as-a-service).
- Previous experience leading complicated enterprise sales, end-to-end, managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- A proven track record in developing business and managing accounts with large corporates and/or enterprises.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to clearly explain complex analyses to various audiences and levels of seniority (including Directors, Executives and Board level).
- Demonstrable record of over-achievement in a leadership role.
- Ability to work with all types of function/seniority, across all technical and business roles.
- An advanced degree in business-strategy such as an MBA or related topic.
- Native German speaker.
Bonus points for:
- Strong contact network in Google Cloud DACH sales teams.
- Strong contact network in Corporates & Enterprises within sectors such as telco, media, retail, travel, manufacturing, finance.
- Experience in the AI / Analytics / Data Science eco-system.
- Laptop of your choice
- Team Social Events
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities