Business Intelligence Consultant
Datatonic is seeking exceptional professionals to join our fast-growing team in London. We're a team of data scientists, engineers, and mathematicians, that are all passionate about helping our customers unleash the power in their data. We work closely with our partners: Google Cloud and Looker, to build and implement the best data and machine learning solutions.
We are looking to expand our team of business intelligence and analytics experts who specialise in successfully implementing “Looker platform” BI solutions and helping our customers streamline current analytic and reporting processes. Prior knowledge of Looker not required, we will train you!
As a BI Analyst with expertise in Looker, you will help deploy analytical data models, advise clients on development, and conduct co-development sessions to share your knowledge with customers.
Being able to understand what technologies make a BI function a success; you will also have a good understanding of data warehouse technology on offer such as Bigquery, Redshift, and Snowflake.
This job is perfect for an individual who loves sharing their technical knowledge with others in a hands-on manor, thrives on working with different clients in just about every industry and proactively contributes to the open source community.
What is Looker?
Looker is a data platform which sits on top of your databases and allows users to explore their data without knowing SQL. It does this by creating a semantic layer between users and your databases where you describe and define your data. We build out this semantic layer with LookML (code based and GIT controlled), which we often call modeling the data. This provides consistency, reliability and reusability of your data. Looker is used not just for BI users, but also data scientists. Learn more at www.looker.com.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Looker Platform and Google Bigquery (our two partners)
- Share your knowledge of these tools through co-development and training sessions for clients
- Take part in “Looker” platform deployments
- Be the go to looker expert for client projects
- Produce actionable and insightful visualisations and dashboards from large, complex datasets in many different fields
- Help design big data warehouses and advise on infrastructure decisions
- Work in a collaborative way with our customers and other team members
- Actively propose solutions to fulfil our customer’s goals and requirements
- Communicate the project status directly with engagement and project managers
- Thrive in working on different projects at the same time
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience with BI tools in a business environment
- Proven analysis and problem-solving skills
- Be able to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to learn new tools and assimilated knowledge quickly
Bonus Points for
- Previous consulting experience
- Previous experience with Looker
- Previous experience training others in technical skills
- Experience with all or any cloud based data warehouse; Bigquery, Snowflake, Redshift
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Generous desk budget
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Individual Annual Conference Budget with 4-day allowance. Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Free fruit, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Knowledge-sharing activities & exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies