Data Science Lead
Datatonic is seeking exceptional professionals to join our London team. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an established and fast-growing startup!
You'll be working on the most exciting data projects: product recommender systems, IoT data analysis, segmenting user behaviour profiles with web analytics data, geospatial analysis with billions of data points and many more.
As Data Science Lead at Datatonic, you will:
- Help to build and lead the data science team
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing technologies
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with our customers
- Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a small team with our data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
- MSc or higher in a quantitative STEM subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics
- Strong background in Linear Algebra, Statistics and Numerical Mathematics
- Strong proficiency in Python and the Python data ecosystem including Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Fluency in SQL
- Excellent knowledge of numerical optimisation techniques and ML algorithms
- Experience designing, conducting, analysing, and interpreting experiments
- Excellent communication. Ability to articulate orally and in writing, complex and detailed information in an easy to understand manner to all levels of the business.
- Confidence in presenting to and speaking to external stakeholder bodies.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Proactive, can-do, resilient, independent and adaptable.
- High levels of personal efficiency and organisation.
- Up to date knowledge about developments in ML and deep learning
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior colleagues
- Comfortable working with public cloud services (AWS, GCP), and using command shell to set-up and manage cloud computing services
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge on scaling computations (Spark, GPUs, MPI)
- Strong domain knowledge in either, retail, telecommunications or media
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Generous desk budget
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Individual Annual Conference Budget with 4-day allowance. Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Free fruit, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Knowledge-sharing activities & exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies