Datatonic is seeking exceptional professionals to join our fast-growing team in London. We're a team of data scientists, engineers, and mathematicians, that are all passionate about helping our customers unleash the power in their data. We work closely with our partners: Google Cloud and Looker, to build and implement the best data and machine learning solutions. We are currently in the process of building an engagement team.
As an Engagement Manager you’ll have a remit to unlock the full potential of our subject matter expertise in AI, Analytics and engineering on Google Cloud, enabling our clients to meet real business needs with cutting-edge solutions.
This position will suit someone with a proven experience in a consulting environment, ideally with a computer science or engineering background who would like to use their skillset in a dynamic, fast-paced technology-driven environment - with a view to developing their career further in an established start-up.
- Oversee and lead client engagements and projects, leading internal and client-side teams to ensure successful outcomes.
- Working with our engineering and ML teams, you'll articulate the value and impact we can generate to our customers.
- Build long term roadmaps with our most strategic customers by thoroughly understanding their business, challenges, vision and industry context, so that you can suggest projects and solutions that will answer their needs, finding and presenting the right use cases.
- Maximise customer partnerships by making sure the business value our projects realise is visible and expertly articulated with senior customer leadership and influencers. Creating broad sponsorship / buy-in to enable delivery.
- 5+ years business management or consulting experience in a highly technical environment.
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others.
- A proven track record in leading client engagements/projects
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a multi-functional team.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Experience within big data / cloud environment (GCP / AWS / Azure)
- Start-up experience would be hugely beneficial, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university; MBA beneficial.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Generous desk budget
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities