Cloud Architect (GCP)
Are you a proven technologist and architect with a passion for data in all its shapes and sizes? Do you have a desire to provide high quality solutions, best practices and tooling to customers diving into data for the cloud? Do you like to spend your time helping customers solve difficult technical challenges? If so, then we'd love to talk with you!
At Datatonic, we use big data to create powerful solutions to solve real business problems. We apply cutting-edge machine learning, data engineering, and analytics to understand what’s going on, why its happening and how it could be done better in order to create maximum impact for our customers. We're a global partner to GCP, one of the fastest-growing cloud platforms in the world.
As Cloud Architect at Datatonic you will take a lead role in shaping the architecture for key projects. You'll be engaging with our customers and prospects to provide pre & post sales architectural advice and thought leadership for machine learning & analytics projects. In addition to that, you will be helping us to build out the architectural side of our next-generation machine learning products.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional in cloud technologies who would like to work as part of a team of experts in the fields of AI, machine learning, big data analytics and data engineering, as the resident subject matter expert in solution/cloud architecture. The role is customer facing, working closely with business and technical influencers, and will require a background in Computer Science. The right candidate for the role will have multiple years’ experience with cloud platforms like GCP or AWS. You'll have served as an SME in designing and migrating applications to live in the cloud, working with complex cloud deployments and adept at the design and implementation of complex platforms.
As Cloud Architect at Datatonic, you will:
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing and cloud technologies
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with our customers
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a small team with our data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
- Be a leader and mentor to engineering team members
- Work closely with our tech partners: Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, Looker
- Play a key role in shaping the engineering team at Datatonic
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience building big data cloud architecture
- The ability to take ownership from end-to-end, finding creative solutions
- Demonstrated, strong analytical and technical capabilities, with an innovative 'edge'
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal with great attention to detail.
- Able to present concepts in an authoritative and clear manner to customers through white-boarding, presentations, and proposals
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders at various business levels
- Experience in technical pre-sales, able to evangelise disruptive proposals
- Expertise in cloud technologies and their design/usage (across all areas i.e. data/security/networking etc)
- Knowledge and experience with container technologies
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Java and SQL
- Experience building scalable and high-performant code
- GCP or AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
- Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Flink)
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Basic knowledge of and ideally some experience with data science topics like machine learning, data mining, statistics, and visualisation
- Contributions to open source projects
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Situated in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf
- Laptop of your choice
- Monthly social events and team offsites
- Generous desk budget
- Free fruit, cookies, tea/coffee throughout the week
- Regular networking events, mentoring events and conferences
- Exposure to experts from a number of industries
- Freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies
- Knowledge-sharing activities